Monday, August 18, 2008

Bad Poetry Day

Today is "Bad Poetry Day" so I've decided to write a bad poem. Billy's going to help me. Here we go...


Ode to the Great White Western New York Male

O middle-aged blubbery belly.

I see you glistening horrifically in the partly cloudy light of the Western New York Summer.

It is not that warm, yet you reveal yourself as soon as the weather becomes tolerable, much like the graceful, yet chubby, groundhog sneaks out of his den in fruitless search of his shadow.

I honk. Honk my horn in protest.

For the love of god and all of humanity, put your damn shirt back on you pale-ass freak. Isn't it dangerous to mow the lawn shirtless, anyway?

You white-flight albatross. You haunt me everywhere. My eyes have been sodomized.

Take your buddha belly inside. Please. I'm begging you.

I never thought I would look forward to winter. Thank you for that.



The Western New York Great White Whale
takes a break from doing yardwork to check his mail.
Perhaps his netflix order arrived.

1 comment:

Paro said...

Oh that was awesome! The graphic was particularly poignant.